|1||Prof. A. D. Kansagra||Institute Coordinator|
|2||Prof. Rakesh Fataniya||Department Coordinator (Civil)|
|3||Prof. Mayur Padia||Department Coordinator (Computer)|
|4||Prof. Bhavesh Bhensdadiya||Department Coordinator (Electrical)|
|5||Prof. Khodaji Padsumbiya||Department Coordinator (Mechanical)|
- About SSIP
What is SSIP? SSIP Gujarat Portal
Student Startups and Innovation Policy (SSIP) is a unique initiative of Government of Gujarat that aims to create an integrated, state-wide, university and institute based innovation ecosystem to support innovations and ideas of young students and provide a conducive environment for properly harnessing their creative pursuit. This policy is in synchronization with central efforts like the Make in India, Startup India, Atal Innovation Mission, National Innovation Council etc. It has following key objectives-
- Developing student centric Innovation and Pre-incubation Ecosystem for Students.
- Creating environment for creativity to flourish and an end-to-end support system in educational institutions to allow ample support to ideas for better execution.
- Build internal capacity of educational institutions and key components of the innovation ecosystem.
- Create pathways for mind to market.
- Create a common platform to showcase, support and upscale innovations for motivating stakeholders as well as for an opportunity to create value for money and value for many.
As a part of this policy, over span of five years, Government intends to build capacity of at least 200 educational institutions in the State, to have a robust pre-incubation facility for students and alumni startups and innovations. Introduced in 2017, currently by end of Phase-III implementation Government has endorsed 24 Universities and 52 Institutes in the State as SSIP Nodal Center. SSIP Nodal centers receives funding assistance from Government and provides facilities like infrastructural resources, working space, funding for developing proof of concept (PoC) and prototype, guidance and support for IPR related activities, mentoring, capacity building, etc.
DIET receives SSIP Nodal Center under SSIP Grant (Institute) Phase-III for year 2018-2021. As a part of this, over the period of three years, DIET commits to spend Rs. 30 lakh on various activities under SSIP with funding support of. Rs. 15 lakh from Government through SSIP grant. These activities include developing Innovation center and pre-incubation process, developing Tinkering lab., conducting awareness and sensitization programs, participating and arraigning workshops, providing mentoring support, etc.
The major focus will be on funding innovative projects for development of PoC and prototype as well as filing patents. Development of new laboratories and up gradation of existing ones is a continuous process at DIET. Laboratories are equipped with latest tools and technologies that facilitates research and prototyping activities. Some of the facilities currently available are:
- 3D Printer, CNC, Lathe machine and other tools & equipment
- Pneumatic, Fluid, Thermal, etc. based learning platforms and test bench
- Firebird V, Spark V, Dexter Heavy duty Robotics Arm & other Robotics platforms
- ARM, AVR, PIC, Texas Instruments, Xilinx, etc. based Embedded system platforms
- ZegBee, Bluetooth, Wifi, RFID, GSM, Ethernet, etc. based Communication platforms
- Power Analyzers, Thermal Imager, Earth Resistivity Tester and other Testing equipment
- Android and IOS based Mobile application development platforms
- Total Station and other Advance Surveying tools
- Material testing facilities
Darshan Institute of Engineering & Technology is a leading institute offering undergraduate (B.E.), postgraduate (M.E.) and Diploma programs in engineering.