Teaching Scheme (in Hours)
Subject Credit : 4
Examination Scheme (in marks)
ESE Viva (V)
Syllabus Content Download
Error analysis, types of errors, accuracy & precision, stability in numerical analysis
Unit-2: Interpolation and Curve Fitting
Empirical laws for curve fitting, general interpolation formulae.
Unit-3: Solution of Non-linear Algebraic and Transcendental Equations
Solution by graphical method, bisection method, Newton Raphson iterative method, Regula-Falsi method.
Unit-4: Elements of Matrix Algebra
Solution of systems of linear equations, Eigen value problems. Applications to Structural Dynamic problems, stress problems, buckling of columns
Unit-5: Numerical Differentiation & Integration
Solution of Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations, Euler’s equation and other methods. Laplace equation - Properties of harmonic functions - Fourier transform methods for Laplace equation. Numerical Integration.
Unit-6: Finite difference method
Finite difference technique, its applications to structural engineering problems
Unit-7: Computer Algorithms
Numerical solutions for different structural problems.
After learning the course the students should be able to:
- Solve algebraic equations.
- Obtain numerical solution of ordinary and partial differential equations.
- Apply integration method/s for structural analysis.
- Carry out interpolations and curve fitting
- Obtain solution of eigen value problems and fourier series for structural analysis.
- Apply iterative and transformation methods in structural engineering
Darshan Institute of Engineering & Technology is a leading institute offering undergraduate (B.E.), postgraduate (M.E.) and Diploma programs in engineering.