Teaching Scheme (in Hours)
Subject Credit : 4
Examination Scheme (in marks)
ESE Viva (V)
Syllabus Content Download
Unit-1: Earthquake Inputs
Time History Records and Frequency Contents of Ground Motion; Power Spectral Density Function of Ground Motion; Construction of Design Spectrum; Site Specific, Probabilistic and Uniform Hazard Spectrum; Predictive Relationships for earthquake parameters.
Unit-2: Response analysis for specific ground motion
Time and frequency domain analyses of single and multi point excitations.
Unit-3: Inelastic response of analysis
Incremental analysis for SDOF and MDOF systems, push over analysis.
Unit-4: Performance based seismic design
Overview of the principles of performance - based seismic design, failure mode control and capacity design.
Unit-5: Seismic soil structure interaction
Direct, substructure method and equivalent spring-dashpot analysis for soil-structure interaction problems.
After learning the course the students should be able to:
- Construct design spectrum; Site Specific, Probablistic and Uniform Hazard Spectrums.
- Carry out time and frequency domain analysis of single and multi point excitations.
- To perform inelastic analysis of SDOF and MDOF systems.
- Understand the principles of performance-based seismic design, failure mode control and capacity design.
- To understand seismic soil structure interaction problems.
Darshan Institute of Engineering & Technology is a leading institute offering undergraduate (B.E.), postgraduate (M.E.) and Diploma programs in engineering.