Teaching Scheme (in Hours)
Subject Credit : 8
Examination Scheme (in marks)
ESE Viva (V)
Syllabus Content Download
Unit-1: Concepts of OOP
Introduction OOP, Procedural Vs. Object Oriented Programming, Principles of OOP, Benefits and applications of OOP.
Unit-2: C++ Basics
Overview, Program structure, namespace, identifiers, variables, constants, enum, operators, typecasting, control structures.
Unit-3: C++ Functions
Simple functions, Call and Return by reference, Inline functions, Macro Vs. Inline functions, Overloading of functions, default arguments, friend functions, virtual functions.
Unit-4: Objects and Classes
Basics of object and class in C++, Private and public members, static data and function members, constructors and their types, destructors, operator overloading, type conversion.
Concept of Inheritance, types of inheritance: single, multiple, multilevel, hierarchical, hybrid, protected members, overriding, virtual base class.
Pointers in C++, Pointes and Objects, this pointer, virtual and pure virtual functions, Implementing polymorphism.
Unit-7: I/O and File Management
Concept of streams, cin and cout objects, C++ stream classes, Unformatted and formatted I/O, manipulators, File stream, C++ File stream classes, File management functions, File modes, Binary and random Files.
Unit-8: Templates, Exceptions and STL
What is template? function templates and class templates, Introduction to exception, try-catch- throw, multiple catch, catch all, rethrowing exception, implementing user defined exceptions, Overview and use of Standard Template Library.
After learning the course the students should be able to:
- Describe the important concepts of object oriented programming like object and class, Encapsulation, inheritance and polymorphism.
- Write the skeleton of C++ program.
- Write the simple C++ programs using the variables, operators, control structures, functions and I/O objects cin and cout.
- Write the simple object oriented programs in C++ using objects and classes.
- Use features of C++ like type conversion, inheritance, polymorphism, I/O streams and files to develop programs for real life problems.
- Use advance features like temples and exception to make programs supporting reusability and sophistication.
- Use standard template library for faster development.
- Develop the applications using object oriented programming with C++.
Darshan Institute of Engineering & Technology is a leading institute offering undergraduate (B.E.), postgraduate (M.E.) and Diploma programs in engineering.